Carpet Cleaning Champaign IL
Did you know that you’re supposed to get your carpets cleaned at least once a year? Did you also know that carpet is your biggest air filter in your house? We’ve all heard this one: carpet causes allergies. The truth of the matter is that while there is a lot of dust and dander in carpet, the carpet acts as a giant filter for your house keeping the allergens from reaching your lungs! Have you ever swept a wood floor and noticed all of the debris that gets tossed into the air? That is one of many good reasons to get your carpets cleaned regularly.
Carpet contains gritty soils that fall between the fibers and this can cause damage to the fibers. The more particles and soils that dwell in the carpet the quicker this will happen. Think about rubbing a piece of sandpaper over a piece of plastic on one side and not on the other side. It would look different, right? When you walk on your traffic lanes the gritty soils are being ground into the carpet cutting it like a knife. Over time this can cause permanent damage.
At Extreme Clean CU not only do we clean carpets, but we completely restore them. In extreme cases carpet will need to be replaced, but you will be shocked at the miracles we can work on your carpets. Plus, carpet is very expensive and it’s A LOT cheaper to get it cleaned than to replace it.
Carpet Steam Cleaning in Champaign
We use the HWE method also known as steam cleaning. This is proven to be the best carpet cleaning method and is the most highly recommended by carpet manufactures. Almost anything will come out during carpet cleaning with the right knowledge and tools to get the job done. Although there are some stains that can and will require special spot treating there are also few stains that can be permanent.
Our Carpet Cleaning Process
- Step 1: We will come in and do a complete walk through with you, and we will be sure to ask if there are any questions. If you have any concerns we will be more than happy to answer them for you.
- Step 2: We will perform a thorough pre-vacuuming. Most won’t do this but this is actually one of the most important steps and in our company we WON’T skip it.
- Step 3: We will bring in our powerful equipment and pre-treat your carpet with an alkaline pre-spray. This will lift and suspend the soils from the fibers and will actually treat most spots. This process isn’t really any different from the concept of using laundry detergent to wash your clothes.
- Step 4: We will follow up with a hot water rinse and spot treat along the way leaving your carpet virtually residue free to keep it from attracting more soil.
- Step 5: Specialty Spot Treating (optional but recommended): A regular cleaning is good enough in most homes. However, there are some spots that require special treatment. Of course we will attempt to get a spot out during the regular course of cleaning, but if it does not come out we will inform you and discuss alternative options. Specialty spot treating is not what you want to leave to an inexperienced technician. At Extreme Clean CU we will evaluate and determine the best method to tackle the specialty spots. Our pricing for specialty spot removal is very reasonably priced.
- Step 6: Dry Passing: Most carpet cleaners will skip this step, but as we rinse we will follow up with a dry pass getting your carpets as dry as we can before we leave.
- Step 7: Protector (optional but highly recommended): We will reapply your carpet protector. Carpet protector is just like wax on your car. Carpet comes brand new with the factory scotch guard. Over time, just like wax on your car, scotch guard needs to be reapplied. Carpets with protector are proven to last longer, stay clean longer, and clean up easier. Carpet protector will also act as a soil release helping you get up more soil with regular vacuuming between carpet cleanings.
- Step 8: Post Grooming: This is the final step of the cleaning process. Grooming the carpet makes the fibers stand up allowing the carpet to dry faster. Best way to explain this is soak a paper towel, if you wad it in a ball it will take longer to dry then if you were to hang it.
- Step 9: We will do a final walk-through with you and show you everything that we have done and answer any questions you may have. We will also give you tips on how to get your carpets dry as quickly as possible.